Saturday, July 30, 2005

For my dear readers ... Francesca and Aidan

End of Week, Bike Camp is Over
I don't even think I mentioned it on this blog before, but this past week I've been volunteering off and on at Bike Camp at the Co-Op, and today was the last day. We had a pizza party at Lorenzo's pizzeria. Yeah! "Pizza, guys!"
I fixed up this sweet Bike that I found in the Bike Graveyard, named it "Birdfriend," and took it home. I love it, but I think "Ping" is jealous. Uhhh, I'm a freak.

Uncle Harry Giles Vincent III
I missed Bike Camp one day this week because my Uncle Harry is in the hospital and I went to visit him. Uncle Harry, who also happens to be my godfather, has had an incredible track record of health problems since he was 20 years old. He has skin cancer, has had two kidney transplants, and currently desperately needs a liver transplant. He was always able to overcome his health troubles and even took a cross-country bike trip once.
But I've never seen his health this bad before so please pray for him.
Uncle Harry is a big time Democrat, and has never missed a chance to Bush-bash, so I thought I would draw this little charicature (sp?) for the front of the card I gave him, while trying to remain as politically moderate as possible.

We Jam Econo
I drove to Detroit tonight with Aidan and Noah to see a documentary called "We Jam Econo" about one of my favorite bands of all time, the Minutemen. It was a really fun time; not only did the movie have great footage of some rare live performances and plenty of bassist Mike Watt spittin' spiel & waxin poetic, but the 2 hour drive each way made for some great time for me, Noah, and Aidan to reminisce, catch up, and laugh our asses off.

Dear Francesca and Aidan,
Also, I realized that this whole blogspace I have is somewhat absurd. I write about my life so that two people can read about it, and one of them experiences all these things with me, so he already knows about them! Pretty dang funny when you think about it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Francesca said...

so i live vicariously through others. please don't stop...or i will cease to exist question mark.
are there such things really as bike graveyards? how excahtin'! your card for your uncle made me laugh. I'll say a prayer for him and you, i mean, as long as i'm there....
er, bad bad comment. it's early but i'm not sure that's an excuse.

Saturday, July 30, 2005 9:21:00 AM  
Anonymous boots said...

I bet some of Noah's old cybernetic friends might check in on this blog every now and again!

Detroit was awesome. Bike camp was cool too, although, I lost a lot of money this week......

I'll keep Harry("oh, yeah") in my thoughts as well.

Saturday, July 30, 2005 11:56:00 AM  
Anonymous JD said...

me too dan! me too!

in fact, i have a cool blog idea we're going to go into together!

Monday, August 01, 2005 10:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home