Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Oh my! I'm ... Repressed!

Psychological Self-Evaluation As Overseen by Dr. Max Lüscher
Following the instructions from his book, "Color Test," Dr. Lüscher and I have concluded these cliche-pop-pshychological findings (about me) according to the order of colors I selected:

Table I: Desired Objectives - "Discriminating Control"
Needs a peaceful environment. Wants release from stress, and freedom from conflicts or disagreement. Takes pains to control the situation and its problems by proceeding cautiously. Has sensitivity of feeling and a fine eye for detail.
(Oh, Lüschy! Stop! You're makin me blush! ...)

Table II: The Existing Situation - "Thirst for Adventure"
Imaginative and sensitive (Lüschy!), seeking an outlet for those qualities - especially in the company of someone equally sensitive. Interest and enthusiasm are readily aroused by the unusual or the adventurous.

Table III: Chracteristics Under Restraint - "Dramatization"
Circumstances are restrictive and hampering, forcing him to forgo all joys and pleasures for the time being.
(I'm gonna have to restrain you, Lüscher.)

Table IV: Rejected or Suppressed Characteristics - "Depletion"
The existing situation is disagreeable (Do you agree?). Has an unsatisfied need to ally himself with others whose standards are as high as his own, and to stand out form the common herd. His control of the sensual instincts restricts his ability to give himself, but the resulting isolation leads to the urge to surrender and allow himself to merge with another (Oh my!). This disturbs him (Oh my!), as such instincts are regarded as weakness to be overcome; he feels that only by continued self-restraint can he hope to maintain his attitude of individual superiority. Wants to be loved and admired for himself alone; needs attention, recognition and the esteem of others.
(Yes, Lüscher, tell me more about ... me.)

Table V: The Actual Problem - "An Interval of Tranquility"
Needs to acheive a stable and peaceful condition enabling him to free himself of the worry that he may be prevented from acheiving all the things he wants.
(All that I want ... is another baby ... I'm gone tomorrow. Thanks for joining us, Dr. Lüscher. I'm Dan D'Ag. Goodnight, America).

P.S. Best band ever.

4 Comments:

Blogger Francesca said...

i LOVE people with umlauts.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005 8:01:00 AM  
Blogger Francesca said...

hey,
i never know whether i'm supposed to respond on my own blog to your question or what. i figure this way you'll be sure to see my response. nickel creek's album, Why Should the Fire Die, comes out on august 9th, so fret not. they're just rocking all the stuff about it on their website to garner some excitement. which judging by your comment, worked.
so it's cool. you haven't missed the boat.
you should be recieving a little something something in the mail soon.

Thursday, July 28, 2005 5:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Boots said...

I was surprised to not find a big fat picture of Roland Orzabal's head when I clicked on that Best Band Ever link.

Thursday, July 28, 2005 7:09:00 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Dan-

How f*cking weird. Anyway, yes, Jim from Detroit is really "Tim from Detroit". I just had a question but that fizzled out. Anyway, I hope to hear from you soon.

-Tim

Saturday, July 30, 2005 1:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home