Thursday, August 25, 2005

Back for the Attack

Alive & Well
Well, dear friends, I've returned safely from the land of funny toilets and canned Herring in tomato sauce. Yes, that's right ... Europa.
It was a thrilling 3 weeks, to say the least. Full of life, legumes, and yes, even love.
I travelled with Richard Murdoch's family (sans Richard, oddly enough) along with a significant amount of other Canadians.
I'll give you a basic rundown on some of the experiences, but I won't go TOO far into detail, because this would take FOREVER.

Rome
The trip began in Rome. Pastagelatovino goodness ensued. 'Nuff said.
Strangely enough, I ran into two Knights of the Holy Queen, Michael and Sunny (aka Reuben) when I was in St. Maria Magiore church. Now how fitting is that that 3 guys with devotions to Our Blessed Mother should meet up in her church in Rome? Pretty awesome.

Medjugorje / Bosnia-Hercegovina
After Italy we took a ferry across from Italy to Split, Croatia and bussed down to Medjugorje from there. There I was able to just soak in the peace of that place and talked with a priest about my vocation. This somewhat centered the entire trip for me and really brought its purpose to focus. I was in Europe to draw closer to the Lord and figure out which path (be it priesthood or marriage or something else) I am supposed to follow.
As mentioned before I met up with my two friends (more or less) from that area, and went to Maja's house in the city of Mostar. There I had one of the best meals of my trip. Maja's family lives in the city, but they still have an enormous garden on the hill behind their house, I mean, we're talking rows and rows of fruits and vegetables. So, everything we ate that night, from the potato and pork stew to the tomato and cucumber salad to the roasted peppers to the amazing "cibatta style" bread to the thick strips of bacon and sausage to the white wine was all from her garden / livestock. Oh man. To die for.

Köln
The next stop was the last one. The beautiful city of Köln, Germany. Here it was a whirlwind of crowds, bikes, and modern catholic cultrue manifest through youth. Weltjugendtag. At times it was absolute mania. The metro system was nuts. By the end of the week, Kenny (Richard's brother and I) had pretty much given up riding the metro and took to napping under trees instead.
Example:
GROUP MEMBER: "Hey the pope is going to drive thru downtown today, let's go."
DAN & KENNY: "Yeahhh ... I think we're just going to stay in this 1/2 KM radius."
Ah yes, but here in this city is where I, dear readers found love. I'm not ashamed to tell you, but I would prefer to tell the story to anyone personally rather then cheapen it by posting it on some online journal.
But you heard me right ... love.

So that is more or less the summation of the trip. I wrote many songs along the way (mostly co-written with the magnificent Hrvoje ... which sounds strangely like some Croatian magician) that hopefully some of you will hear. Also, Kenny and I decided to do a "multi-track" by mail album that will hopefully ... well ... happen ... and again, you will hopefully hear.
Tata, dear ones.

P.S. Sorry about the lack of linkage but my computer is acting up like a teething child.

9 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

Hail Holy Queen

d'ag,

you better call me... i'm freaking out.

meg

Thursday, August 25, 2005 6:38:00 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Hail Holy Queen

d'ag!!!!

i'm in newsweek! so i guess it's okay that i wasn't in the fuzz, because i made this other debut. i'm really hoping that sam beam will see me and remember me from the concert... check it out.... also, john is basically famous now (and your household).

sweatheart

Thursday, August 25, 2005 6:42:00 PM  
Blogger Francesca said...

i am glad you are back...and in love? que? i don't really know what "que" means, but i went for it. i would like to know more about you and your life? can i send you a self-addressed stamped envelope or something?
bye.

Friday, August 26, 2005 12:32:00 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Dan-

I'm going to ruin it for everybody. Is it with Richard's sister? Are you in love with Richard's sister? Are you? Are you? You sick little monkey...

-Gorbs

P.S. Glad to have you back. I'll be ruining all your revelations all week.

Saturday, August 27, 2005 3:13:00 AM  
Blogger dansreppinthepcb said...

oh dan dag my little friend, good to read your blog,
dan morrone
check out my blog, you left the country and i was welcomed to your little world by one francesca

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 12:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Duckie said...

Danny Boy, this is the first Duck here, Duckie le Premier, might I be so inclined to say. I was just google-ing the Knights and found your blog-awesome. I read your blog on Weltjugendtag, I wish I could have been there, but the Fates conspired against it. Hey, email me at sirgabyt@catholic.org.

Wordum Up, Kemosabe!!
Duckie I

Friday, September 02, 2005 12:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dan, you were in rome and koln and didnt email or call me?!?!?! email me you nerd!
-melefsky

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 1:42:00 PM  
Blogger kevinhuron13910833 said...

Make no mistake: Our mission at Tip Top Equities is to sift through the thousands of underperforming companies out there to find the golden needle in the haystack. A stock worthy of your investment. A stock with the potential for big returns. More often than not, the stocks we profile show a significant increase in stock price, sometimes in days, not months or years. We have come across what we feel is one of those rare deals that the public has not heard about yet. Read on to find out more.

Nano Superlattice Technology Inc. (OTCBB Symbol: NSLT) is a nanotechnology company engaged in the coating of tools and components with nano structured PVD coatings for high-tech industries.

Nano utilizes Arc Bond Sputtering and Superlattice technology to apply multi-layers of super-hard elemental coatings on an array of precision products to achieve a variety of physical properties. The application of the coating on industrial products is designed to change their physical properties, improving a product's durability, resistance, chemical and physical characteristics as well as performance. Nano's super-hard alloy coating materials were especially developed for printed circuit board drills in response to special market requirements

The cutting of circuit boards causes severe wear on the cutting edge of drills and routers. With the increased miniaturization of personal electronics devices the dimensions of holes and cut aways are currently less than 0.2 mm. Nano coats tools with an ultra thin coating (only a few nanometers in thickness) of nitrides which can have a hardness of up to half that of diamond. This has proven to increase tool life by almost ten times. Nano plans to continue research and development into these techniques due to the vast application range for this type of nanotechnology

We believe that Nano is a company on the move. With today�s steady move towards miniaturization we feel that Nano is a company with the right product at the right time. It is our opinion that an investment in Nano will produce great returns for our readers.

Online Stock trading, in the New York Stock Exchange, and Toronto Stock Exchange, or any other stock market requires many hours of stock research. Always consult a stock broker for stock prices of penny stocks, and always seek proper free stock advice, as well as read a stock chart. This is not encouragement to buy stock, but merely a possible hot stock pick. Get a live stock market quote, before making a stock investment or participating in the stock market game or buying or selling a stock option.

Friday, December 23, 2005 9:45:00 AM  
Blogger lewisjones88289137 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 2:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home